2/08/2013

Words Unspoken



                                               ( Nov 09 )

                                       Words Unspoken

                            

                            I have eventually come to see clearly
                            and admit to myself how much it has been hurting
                            that you did not want to see me before you left

                           Your angle...
                          "You wanted me to remember you the way you had been"
                           My angle...
                         "There was no way to remember you 
                          other than the way  you were ingrained in my heart"

                           Your moment, your right 
                           and the choice belonged to you
                           leaving me with  ‘no choice’
                           of sad memory and loss

                           Then again ...
                           would i have wanted to see death in your eyes?
                  
                            I understand and respect
                            I am after all so much like you
                            ...especially in this regard

                            Inevitably part of me is left without closure
                            and part of me grateful 
                            to have avoided additional pain
                            and having gained the wisdom
                            not to do so to the ones i love...

                            I now have to integrate all parts into one
                           with understanding, acceptance and forgiveness

                            I know what it is to be there ... 
                            yet perhaps not...


                             (Like the ebb and flow come the memories
                                    and the waves carry to the shore
                               strange forgotten fragments of life past)


                             

No comments:

Post a Comment