2/08/2013

Longing for you



                                                               ( Nov 09 )

                                                      Longing for you

                                               


                            Most of my life i suffered sharing you with many others
                            always feeling almost invisible or non-existent among them
                            even when you were there for me

                            Was i perhaps the one you really wanted
                             yet believing you could never have?

                             I so very much wanted you to myself only
                             You seemed to believe i did not care-i was not yours

                             Did i want impossibly much from you?
                             ... I guess i did
                             Was i too proud to show?
                              ... Yes, undeniably i was

                             You never seemed to suspect
                             how much i needed you-or how much i loved you
                             which is better or i would hurt even more right now

                             Maybe i should have tried harder...-why didn't i?
                             was i afraid pain of rejection and denial?
                             or did i unconsciously know
                             that no matter how much you gave me
                             it would never be enough

                             I was young
                             perhaps i did not know about myself
                             as much as i do now
                             Would have anything changed if i did?
                             I dont know...

                             I am left Longing for you for the rest of my life
                             and my secret hope is to find you again
                             in an afterlife...if there one ...

                                                             *

                             (Like the ebb and flow come the memories
                                    and the waves carrying to the shore
                              strange forgotten fragments of life past...)


                                

No comments:

Post a Comment